The Ines Moda Infantil label is known for exquisitely hand-smocked children's clothes that have been passed on from one generation to another.
A HERITAGE BRAND
We have grown over the past decades while we stay true to our history, heritage and traditions.
The Story of Ines
Our story began some 30 years ago amidst lush sugar cane plantations in a western province in the Philippines, where housewife Isabel Lovina desired to make hand-smocked dresses for her daughter, Ines. She wanted to make the same dresses her grandmother hand smocked and sewed for her when she was a child. Today, Ines Moda Infantil has become a household name in the world of exquisitely hand-smocked children's clothes.
Our company has grown over the past decades as we continue to stay true to our history, heritage and niche. Each garment produced tells the story of women who were housewives and have now become empowered breadwinners of their families by meticulously hand-crafting each Ines Moda Infantil masterpiece.
Now a manufacturer, exporter and retailer of high quality garments, we pride ourselves in our standard of excellence. We seek to provide beautiful, classic, and age-appropriate clothing options for today's children, their children and their children's children.
Ines (yes, that’s her name) is now leading the enterprise her mom started in the 80’s when they had one seamstress to make the dresses which was just for Ines. The business grew and started exporting in 90s.
- Mission Vision
- Way before social responsibility became a trend in the business world, Ines Moda Infantil operated by giving jobs to the undepriviledged women residing in the rural areas who do the smockings by hand for them. Through time, this is still what the company aims to do – to help women and provide jobs. This is also what Ines wants to continue and expand as she takes over the business. Such a great cause that the company plans to continue in the coming years.
Today each garment produced tells the story of once housewives, now empowered breadwinners of their families who meticulously hand-craft each Ines Moda Infantil masterpiece.
- Any business, big or small, has a lot challenges to face and conquer. For Ines, there have been 2 distinct challenges the company faced.
- First is the financial crisis in The US. Their sales took a dip that’s why they decided to grow their retail business here in the Philippines.
- Second is the rise of new technology.As Ines puts it, “The business is somehow threatened with the cheap labor in other parts of the world, as well as the refinement of machines that can do smocking. We remain steadfast not only to our mission to take care of the women who have made a career out of hand smocking, but also to retain the fine quality of our garments. All the smocking you see on each garment, is done meticulously by hand. It still makes a difference.”
- Reliquia is the sister brand of Ines Moda Infantil (offers ready to wear girls and boys clothes) that caters to made-to-order special occasion garments for flower girls and ring bearers, First Communion dresses and Christening gowns and rompers, and customized dresses for birthdays and any special occasion. They also offer personalization on these garments by hand-embroidered monogramming. Their personalized heirloom pillows have also been quite popular as gift items.
In 5-10 years from now, Ines plans to develop the local retail line and expand in the international market. The feedback looks very promising so far on her talks with budding retailers abroad.
Ines Moda Infantil offers timeless pieces which are meticulously smocked, embroidered and stitched by hand. We also offer baptismal gowns, flower girl and first communion dresses.